About seven months ago, we detected of a mysterious Virus named as CORONA VIRUS that was inflecting respiratory disease like a symptom and these days, as we all know most of the countries has been in a standstill position. Approximately four billion human beings around the world are in some type of lockdown because of COVID-19 Pandemic.
In the lockdown, several sectors are affected. If the imprisonment extends, matters will worsen in the Republic of India. India’s gross domestic product growth could drop to 3.5% as the worldwide economy will slip into retardation or recession. With the prolonged country-wide lockdown, world economic downswing and associated disruption of demand and provide chains, the economy is probably going to face a drawn-out amount of retardation.
IMPACT OF COVID-19
- The economic impact of the 2020 coronavirus pandemic in India’s has been mostly unquiet. The World Bank and rating agencies had initially downgraded India’s growth for the year 2021 with very cheap figures India has seen in 3 decades since India’s economic liberalization within the 19s. However, once the announcement of the economic package in mid-May, India’s GDP estimates were downgraded even a lot of to negative figures, signalling a deep recession.
- The Indian economy was expected to lose over ₹32,000 crores on a daily basis throughout the primary 21-days of complete lockdown, that was declared following the coronavirus outbreak. Under complete lockdown, but 1/4 of India’s $2.8 trillion economic movements was functional.
- Up to 53% of companies within the country were projected to be considerably affected. Supply chains are put to sleep stress with the lockdown restrictions in place. Initially, there was an absence of clarity in streamlining what an ‘ESSENTIAL’ is and whatnot. Those within the informal sectors and daily wage teams are the most at risk.
- A large no. of farmers around the country are facing uncertainty. Numerous businesses like hotels and airlines are cutting salaries and laying off employees
- Major corporations in India like Larsen & Toubro, Bharat Forge, UltraTech Cement, Grasim Industries, Aditya Birla Group, BHEL and Tata Motors have quickly suspended or considerably reduced operations.
- Young startups are compact as funding has fallen. Fast-moving commodity corporations within the country have considerably reduced operations and area unit specializing in necessities.
- Stock markets in India denote their worst loses in history on 23, March 2020.
ESTIMATED IMPACT FROM COVID-19 ON INDIA BETWEEN APRIL AND JUNE 2020
|ECONOMIC SECTORS||GROWTH RATE|
|Financial, real estate and professional services||-17.3%|
|Mining and quarrying||-14.7%|
|Electricity, Gas, Water supply and other utility services||-13.9%|
|Trade, Hotels, Transport, Communication and Broadcasting services||-9.7%|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||-1.3%|
|Public administration, defence and other services||-0.4%|
- The effect of coronavirus epidemic will spread at least over the next 2-3 quarters. Heavy sell-off in equity markets, global supply affected due to lockdown in china. China’s manufacturing and consumption have gone down drastically. This epidemic proved yet again that if global major powers like us, china, and etc. sneeze then entire world catches a cold. In this case, not just cold but also severe recession.
- All the industry will see a growth except a couple and I think it might include food and meat, tourism, construction industry.
MOST AFFECTED SECTOR DUE TO COVID -19
-POULTRY AND MEAT
-DINING AND RESTAURANTS
MODERATELY AFFECTED SECTOR DUE TO COVID-19
LEAST AFFECTED SECTOR DUE TO COVID-19
-HEALTH AND INSURANCE